Thursday, December 4, 2008

First Fill

I had my first fill on Thursday December 4th. I was really nervous, but also excited. I had to go to the radiology department at the hospital. They did it using a fluro machine, basically an xray to see the band. I laid on the table and the doctor prepped my belly and sprayed a local anesthetic. He pushed into my belly trying to find the port and stuck the needle in. He thought he was in the right place but was not. They used the fluro machine to re stick me two more times before getting the needle in the port. It hurt a little but it was not terrible by any means. He withdrew some saline that was in there 2.5 cc's and then returned that plus more. Then they had me stand up and drink. I could feel it just sitting in my chest. He took a little out, and I drank again. Still could feel it in my chest. He took a tiny bit more out and it went through just fine. He added 2 cc's so I have a grand total of 4.5 cc's in my band. I do not feel terribly restricted like I was hoping, but I know that it can take awhile before you get a good restriction. In the mean time I will keep plugging along!!! Thanks for letting me share this journey with you. Keep checking back I will be adding more around Christmas time!! I am hoping to be out of the 200's by then!!

1 comment:

sassietigger said...

Hey Sara, How are you doing since your fill a week ago? I'm almost 3 weeks out... Very excited about the changes I'm witnessing. What does Scott think of all this? And the changes you are making? How many vitamin suppliments do you have to take daily? Anyways I'm proud of you. Keep it up.