Friday, July 25, 2008

Letter of Medical Necessity........

As I have said a few times before this is the one appointment I was most nervous about. Let me give you a little history so that you can understand why. We are a military family on Active duty, this means we move alot, which in return means I see alot of different doctors. Well I got my first referral to see a bariatric surgeon while I was still living in South Carolina, but we ended up moving soon after that. I started all over when we moved here in Feb. When I saw my PCM for the first time and asked for another referral, she was less than pleased with this. I have never seen her again, and this will not be who I am seeing today. I will be seeing another doctor in our clinic. So needless to say this lady does not know anything about me and I will be asking her for a letter of medical necessity. Do you see where I am going with this? If I were her I probably would not write it just because I would not know anything about me. So back to the appointment, while I was waiting my turn to be seen I was getting kinda sick to my tummy because I was worried about being told no. It turned out to be all for nothing, she came in and was extremely nice about everything. She said she would be more than happy to review my medical records and write a letter on behalf of all the army clinics that I have been seen in for the last five years. I let out a huge sigh of relief. I felt the hardest part of this process was actually the easiest! Now I am just waiting for her to call so that I can pick it up and take it to my surgeons office. Another appointment completed and only my nutrition class left!! I am so excited!!!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I am so excited that you are going through with it! I can't wait to follow your journey with you!