Thursday, August 28, 2008

Day 3 post op

On day three Scott had to take my in laws to a clinic because they had bumps that got infected. Well it turned out to be staph infection so they went back a few times before actually heading back to Texas. It turned out that Mrs. Smejkal had to be admitted to the hospital once she got home. She had surgery to remove all the dead tissue. I felt so bad for her, but at the same time I had five incisions that I was praying would not come in contact with the infection.

Anyway physically I was feeling good, I was not really hungry, besides head hunger. The TV commercials for all the foods I could not have for awhile were killing me. Then I started thinking maybe I had done the wrong thing, why did I let myself get to the point of needing surgery....Blah Blah! Basically they said it is normal to regret something big like this...It was called buyers remorse. It felt alot like after having a baby, just really emotional. I was still sip sip sipping and walk walk walking. I did not have any gas pain that alot of people complained about. My incisions really did not hurt terribly bad, and I felt relatively normal besides walking like a turtle!

No comments: