Monday, August 25, 2008

Da of Surgery

It is finally here! I was excited but still very nervous and worked up. When I was called back, blood was taken and temp. Then I went to a room and started undressing to find out my lovely friend decided to visit (I had to stop taking the pill because of possible blood clots) I was so embarrassed but the surgeon said it was normal. I was doing ok the whole time until they mentioned that my surgeon liked to have two IV lines going just in case. Anyone who knows me knows that I have such a hard time having my blood drawn or IV's put in. They usually fish for a vein and it hurts so bad. So I got all worked up and she had a harder time getting in. I was crying so much that it gave me a headache! They were very sweet and kept reassuring me, even Scott was being very sweet about it! I asked several times if it was too late to back out, and of course Scott kept saying yes! Then the anesthesiologist came in to give me some meds. He saw how nervous I was so he hooked me up. I had four yes I said four anti nausea meds, and a patch behind my ear put on. Then before I knew it they were wheeling me down to the OR. I gave my last kiss to Scott, and reminded him that I loved him and the kids. When I got to the OR I had to change tables and they started strapping my arms down and all that fun stuff. Then someone asked what surgery I was having and what doctor, and I told them, then she said ok I am going to put the oxygen mask on and give you something to put you out. That was the last thing I remember. I woke up being wheeled to recovery and them asking if I wanted pain meds, I kept saying NO, I am just a little sore! They observed me for about an hour and wheeled me to another room. Where Scott was waiting for me. He informed me that when he spoke to my surgeon after surgery that he said I had a fatty liver (well duh) I guess Scott thought this was funny because this is all I heard about for days! I was in there for about two more hours and then released. I came home and was greeted by my AWESOME kids smiles and hugs! I went straight to bed and slept a few hours. Then started my sipping (1oz of clear fluid per hour no more) and walking through the house. The first few days after surgery this was all I did! I really felt pretty good.

No comments: